General Membership Meeting Minutes
February 1, 2012
Meeting was called to order at 7:08 p.m. Dirk welcomed everyone and made the announcement the entire meeting will be focused on our upcoming auction.
General Auction Numbers: Cathy Reed reported that we have 140 items + donated so far and 146 tickets have been purchased so we are on target. We are expecting a few dozen more but we will need to confirm the final count by this Friday, February 3 to give the Culinary School enough time to prepare. They will pad the numbers by 15. We need to try to get word out about Culinary School and their program. They are very excited to serve at this event and Tammi Johnston will be auctioning off a dinner.
Dessert Dash- Marcia Johnson reported that we have 25 desserts donated so far and depending on the final count we should have enough desserts for each table. The desserts will be in the back of the room so the guests can view them while waiting in line for the buffet. We will need bidder cards on the table with a suggested minimum of $25. We will need to announce the rules of the dessert dash immediately after opening the buffet.
Decorations – Anita and Lisa are creating centerpieces for auctioning and they will need bid sheets. Starting bid should be $20. Cathy will ask David Rice to enter item number for 30 centerpieces into the auction program.
There is a decorating team for each room (decade) and they are hoping to start early in the morning on Friday February around 10AM. Anyone available to help can join them. Dirk will send out a quick email encouraging people to help.
Donated Items: Do we still want to gather items?? Tuesday, February 7 will be the deadline for the items so we have enough time to get them into the auction tracker program.
Alice Lawson is creating certificates for donation that don’t have tangible items to display or that have actual vendor gift certificates that we don’t want to leave out on the tables. She will confirm that she has the final item list on Tuesday.
Items that have been gathered so far are at Dirk’s and Suzann’s house and will need to be transported Friday afternoon to the Center. Suzanne is going to try to coordinate with the Soccer team to make trips to the center will all items.
Receipts: Anyone with receipts for reimbursement should turn them into Sandra Jones or to Dirk.
Community Posters: Lonna Calas still would like to get posters out to local businesses that simply say “I Support Shorecrest”. It’s a good way to get our name out there and many local businesses continue to support all Shorecrest events. Trudy Taylor will begin to work on a possible layout and once approved we can distribute them. In the meantime Dirk will get Lonna a current list of business donors and she will attempt to contact those businesses that are not on that list.
We still NEED HELP: Dirk has display boards for the live auction items that will have to be designed to be on display in the dining room the night of the auction. We still need help putting these together. Also, this Saturday, February 4 we will be grouping various donated wines into auction items. We need to look up each wine and write a description. We will be working most of the day at Dirk’s house if you are interested. Contact him for his address.
Next meeting: Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Helping strengthen community support for all Shorecrest teams, clubs and programs.
To enhance the high school experience for Shorecrest students and their families by supporting school-sponsored student activities through fund raising events that supplement school district resources.